***New Days of Operation***
Effective March 3, 2014
The Recorder's Office will only accept passport applications on
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
The Orem City Recorder’s Office is a Passport Acceptance Agency.
|Passport Fees||Age||EXECUTION FEE|
Payable to the City of Orem
Payable to the U.S. Dept. of State
|Passport Book||Under Age 16||$25||$80||$105|
|Age 16 and Over||$25||$110||$135|
|Passport Card||Under Age 16||$25||$15||$40|
|Age 16 and Over||$25||$30||$55|
|Both||Under Age 16||$25||$95||$120|
|Age 16 and Over||$25||$140||$165|
To expedite the process please bring the following items:
- Checkbook to pay federal fees
(We can accept cash, check, or credit card for the application fee for the City of Orem)
- Valid Picture ID
- Driver’s License
- Aircraft Pilot’s License
- Official Military ID card
- Parent’s Identification to identify minor child (under 16)
- Proof of Citizenship
- Original birth certificate issued by the County Health Department.
- Hospital issued birth certificates are not allowed
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Original Certificate of Citizenship
- Previous U.S. Passport book or card
- One Passport Photo
- We can take the photos at our facility for $10.00
- Photos must have been taken within the last six months
- See photo requirements on federal website
If you are applying for a passport for a minor under the age of 16, both parents must be present unless the parent has filled out a Statement of Consent (form 3053).
The average processing time for passports is four to six weeks.
Expedited applications take between two to three weeks.
Please see the U.S. Department of States website www.travel.state.gov for the following:
- Downloadable application forms - Forms should be filled out using black ink
- Current requirements and fees
- Travel warnings
- Consular information sheets (on every country in the world)