[PUBLISHED IN THE DESERET NEWS AND SALT LAKE TRIBUNE on THURSDAY & FRIDAY, MARCH 16 & 17, 2017]
CITY OF OREM
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
The City of Orem is requesting proposals from responsible firms or individuals for the Vendor Concessions Operation at Palisade Park Facility for the 2017 operating season.
A document containing scope of work and other proposal contents is available upon request from e-mail, email@example.com or (801)229-7131. Questions concerning this request should be directed to Ms. Debbie Boone, Recreation Manager, (801)229-7455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposals for this request will be received by the Office of Purchasing, 56 North State St. Orem, Utah. 84057 by 3:00 pm, Thursday, March 30th, 2017. Proposals may also be delivered by e-mail to Mr. Allen’s above listed address. The document must be received by due date and time. Proposals submitted after this deadline will be rejected.
The City of Orem reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals or any part of any proposals if it be deemed to be in the best interests of the City to do so.
[PUBLISHED IN THE DESERET NEWS AND SALT LAKE TRIBUNE on THURSDAY, MARCH 16, 2017]
CITY OF OREM
NOTICE OF CITY COUNCIL
The City Council will hold the following public hearings on Tuesday, March 28, 2017, in the City Council chambers of the Orem City Center at 56 North State Street, Orem, Utah, to consider the following:
March 28, 2017
• Amending Section 22-8-15(B) of the Orem City Code pertaining to permitted building materials in the HS zone
• Amending Section 22-14-18(E) of the Orem City Code pertaining to the maximum permitted time of a temporary site plan
The proposed amendments are available in the Office of Development Services, Room #105, 56 North State Street, Orem, Utah. If you have any questions regarding the proposed changes, contact the Development Services Department at 801-229 7058.
THE PUBLIC IS INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
If you need a special accommodation to participate in the City Council Meeting,
please call the City Recorder’s office at 801-229-7074.
PUBLISHED IN THE DESERET NEWS AND SALT LAKE TRIBUNE on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8, 2017
Public hearings will be held at the Orem City Council Chambers on March 28, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. and May 9, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. to consider comments regarding the Statement of Community Development Objectives and Projected Use of Funds for the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for FY 2017-2018.
The CDBG program is designed to assist communities in efforts to improve living conditions primarily for low- and moderate-income (lmi) residents by creating suitable living environments, decent housing opportunities, and economic opportunities. To achieve these goals, each project and program must meet at least one of these national objectives established by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Activities must either benefit lmi persons in a given census tract or block group, including assistance through economic development, improve designated areas of slum and blight, or address an urgent community need.
The City of Orem has approved programs and projects which address the primary objective of benefit to lmi persons through the following objectives:
1. Improve the quality of life for families by funding projects which address the needs of lmi households.
2. Stabilizing older residential neighborhoods and decreasing the amount of substandard housing through housing rehabilitation and eliminating or improving slum and/or urban blight which have deteriorated through neglect for the benefit of lmi persons.
3. Encourage and pursue the establishment of commerce and industry which will provide quality employment for the unemployed and underemployed thereby benefitting lmi persons.
4. Removal of architectural barriers city wide.
In accordance with the above stated objectives, each proposal will meet one of the stated national objectives and will be an eligible activity as described in regulations published in the Friday, Sept. 23, 1983, and Wednesday, Oct. 31, 1984, editions of the Federal Register. The City of Orem intends to meet the requirement of 70 percent benefit to lmi persons in the CDBG program years through 2017-2018. Projects and programs outlined for 2017-2018 each meet the national objective to benefit at least 51 percent lmi persons.
The 2017-2018 CDBG entitlement is $605,000 plus revenues of approximately $15,000. Unspent funding from previous years may also be available for reallocation during FY 2017-2018, and is estimated at ~$300,000. The total amount for allocation in FY 2017-2018 is estimated to be approximately $920,000, although this amount is subject to change based on unspent funding from previous years and actual funding from HUD. The FY 2017-2018 proposals are available for public inspection in Room 101 of the Orem City Center, 56 N State Street, Orem, Utah. Meetings are open to the public and held in buildings and rooms that are accessible. If you need a special accommodation to participate, please contact the City Recorder’s Office at least 3 working days prior to the meeting by phone at (801) 229-7074 or by email at email@example.com.
The City of Orem encourages all residents to participate in the review and allocation processes for CDBG funding. Please address comments and questions to:
City of Orem
56 North State Street, Room 101, Orem, UT 84057
(801) 229-7115 phone or (801) 229-7301 fax or firstname.lastname@example.org
La ciudad de Orem invita a todos los residentes a participar en la revisión examen y proceso de asignación de fondos CDBG. Favor de dirigir preguntas y comentarios a:
Ciudad de Orem
56 North State Street, Room 101, Orem, UT 84057
(801) 229-7115 teléfono o al (801) 229-7301 fax o al email@example.com
Para ayuda con la traducción de este informe u otras preguntas con respecto a la financiación federal de Orem, póngase en contacto con Kathy Bunnell, (801) 229-7011.
[PUBLISHED IN THE DESERET NEWS AND SALT LAKE TRIBUNE ON SUNDAY, JANUARY 29, 2017]
Legal Notice Public Notice Noncompliance with Industrial Pretreatment Standards
The Federal Clean Water Act established the National Pre-treatment Program to control the discharge of toxic and/or hazardous waste into sanitary sewer systems operated by Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWS).
Under a delegation from EPA, the City of Orem has been given the responsibility for applying and enforcing the pre-treatment standards for industrial users served by the City of Orem.
Pursuant to the requirements of the National Pretreatment Program, the City of Orem must annually publish a list of the industrial users within its service area that have either demonstrated a pattern of noncompliance with applicable pretreatment standards or a significant noncompliance over the previous 12 months.
Reasons for reportable noncompliance include:
1. A discharge of pollutants which caused an “imminent endangerment: to the health or welfare of persons and/or to the environment.
2. A discharge which caused or substantially contributed to a violation of the POTW’s NPDES permit requirement which impaired its use of disposal of sludge.
3. Chronic Violation, Defined here as those in which 66 percent or more of all of the measurements taken for the same pollutant parameter during a 6 month period exceed (by any magnitude) a numeric Pretreatment Standard or Requirement, including instantaneous limits as defined by 40 CFR 403.3(1)
4. A discharge which exceeded any pre-treatment effluent standard (categorical or local limitation) more than 33% of the time over a 6-month period based on any sampling performed.
5. Failure to correct a violation, either effluent or compliance schedule within 45 days of the noncompliance notice by the POTW.
6. Failure to accurately report noncompliance.
7. Any other violation deemed significant by the POTW.
This notice has been issued to meet the requirement to inform the public and does not constitute any decision as to the actions, if any, necessary to remedy the industrial user noncompliance. Specific questions on any of the listed facilities may be directed to the contact listed at the bottom of this notice.
Period covered by this notice is January 1, 2016 thru December 31, 2016.
Name of Industrial user: None
Type of noncompliance: (Refer to #1 above).
Name of Industrial user: None
Type of noncompliance: (Refer to #2 above).
Name of Industrial User: Chick-Fil-A
Type of noncompliance (refer to #3 above):
Name of Industrial User: In & Out Burger, Chick-Fil-A, Café Rio, and The Woodbury Corp.
Type of noncompliance: (refer to #4 above):
Name of Industrial User: None
Type of noncompliance: (refer to #5 above):
Name of Industrial User: Tunex
Type of noncompliance: (refer to #6 above):
For further information contact Loren Willes, City of Orem, 1797 West 1000 South, Orem, Utah, 84058. (801)229-7491.